[Sca-cooks] Vegetarians

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 2 14:28:33 PST 2002

From: jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
>  > >I know that for people with allergy situations not having the food 'touch
>  > >one another' is a good thing but it does make arranging platters difficult
>  > Not all "fussy" people are just being prima donnas - sure, there are
>  > plenty of them, but some folks have quite genuine reasons for extreme
>  > caution around food.
>
>I'm not and was not claiming that such people are fussy. I was simply
>commenting about the complications caused by the need to keep things
>separate.

When i respond to a message, while responding to some of the
specifics of the individual who posted, i sometimes also:

(1) include responses of a more general nature, i.e., i may know that
the original poster may have certain bits of knowledge, but since
others will be reading, i may include some of that info for the
benefit of those others. I suppose an original poster might infer
that i think they don't know, when in fact, i know they know, but i
also know that others don't know, and rather than write a separate
post, i include what i know the original poster knows...

(2) include additional comments based on various messages that have
passed through the list, not necessarily by the poster whose message
stimulated my post. This some of my message will specifically address
the message to which i am responding and some of my message may be
more general and address related issues not in the original post.

In other words, no, Jadwiga, you didn't say that people who are
particular about their food are "fussy" and i didn't infer that you
did. However, other people have said or implied that on this list,
and i was augmenting my response to you with additional commentary.

Anahita