[Sca-cooks] serving utensils

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jan 3 07:45:09 PST 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Jadwiga Zajaczkowa said:
> > Yup. And most groups skimp by not providing serving utensils.
>
> At all? Or just not as many as you would like to have?
>
> Is this true for most SCA groups?
>
> My barony does have a collection of serving utensils, although
> we could probably use more. We just recently purchased some
> more.
>
> Stefan li Rous

Our Barony has a vast amount of serving utensils, prep and cooking stuff
(knives, pans, cutting boards) and other things (list poles and ropes,
carpets, candelabras, etc.) that live in a storage space. The collection
is both a good thing and a bad thing--it's nice to have the stuff
available so you don't have to scrounge for a feast, but then you have to
have someone whose job it is to look after it.

Margaret