[Sca-cooks] Re: Reprint of Sallets, Humbles etc.

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 06:23:37 PST 2002

> So... for those of us new to this...  Do I take it this is a book people
> are glad they own? What does it cover? What time, place, type of food -
> OK, Sallets - what's a Humble? (Should I have looked in the
> Floriwhatever before asking this? I'm off-line.)
>
> Which of us should probably be rushing out to buy this, and who among us
> might think it's nice, but should start elsewhere?

I don't like this one.  In reading it, I find that she has used modern foods
and ingredients and recipes instead of doing proper redactions.  Just look
at the strawberry tart she offers!

It should be used by beginners only with extreme care, the same as is
recommended for using "Fabulous Feasts."

                                                ---= Morgan