[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jan 7 15:05:13 PST 2002

> Actually, with something new I'll try it as written first, the if I make
> it again, used the appliances. Having slav- er, children around helps-
> many hands make it quicker to push something 'through a straynour' for
> instance. But I don't think I ever made almond milk with ta mortar.
> That's a little farther than I'll go.

I've done almond based sauces with a mortar. I hate almond based sauces,
because the food-process > dump in blender > add a little water > blend
madly really doesn't produce the same stuff and you basically need one of
the tree-stump mortar & pestles to make it practical to do more than a cup
at a time so that it has the same texture.

I skimp when I make parsley-based green sauces by using the foodprocessor
but I know I'm cheating-- you just don't get the same texture. Cadoc was
talking about making an automated food smusher (electric mortar & pestle
arrangement) but I don't know if he ever got anywhere with it.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa