[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Jan 5 19:10:03 PST 2002

bill mayfield wrote:

>    Nothing wrong with the food processor !!
> I like to try doing the recipe's as close
>   to the way they were done as I can,
> granted I know it will never be exact but
>   its part of the learning for me.
> In honesty with the more complicated stuff
>   I'll use the gadgets available to me, with
> the simple things I'll do them in as a period manner
>   as I can.

Actually, with something new I'll try it as written first, the if I make
it again, used the appliances. Having slav- er, children around helps-
many hands make it quicker to push something 'through a straynour' for
instance. But I don't think I ever made almond milk with ta mortar.
That's a little farther than I'll go.

I'll never forget, a couple years ago, we made the 'White Torta' for
dessert in camp. Something like a dozen egg whites had to become fluffy.
We passed it around the camp- a stranger walking by would find someone
saying 'Here! Beat this a bit!' And the torta was truly deliciouso! Wow!
But I'm not sure we'll do that one in camp again... ;-)

'Lainie