[Sca-cooks] Siting in the kitchen....

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jan 8 08:34:51 PST 2002

> Besides which, it just plain doesnt' look professional :-)
> IMHO, it also instigates the feeling of "I'm relaxed", and removes the
> sense of urgency I tend to like to work under.
> Of course, feast isn't a profesional setting, still...  OTOH, if you do it
> for health/pain reasons, you do what you must.  For instance, I've been
> seating for (most) everything I do last few years <g>

*sigh* Yes. I'm not a feast cook, just an herbalist and a dayboard cook...
with plantar fascitis, which I've had all my life, plus various problems
with easily cracked footbones, as far as anyone can tell... so I have to
husband my ability to stand for long periods of time. As a result, I
generally have people do cutting and chopping tasks sitting down at a
table, because that's how I have to do it. It may be less efficient, but I
find that a) I tend to concentrate better sitting down, and b) perhaps
because of the relaxation response, people are much happier with me
sitting down. *grin*

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa