[Sca-cooks] Siting in the kitchen....

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jan 8 05:42:00 PST 2002

At 12:58 AM 1/8/2002, you wrote:
>Stefen asked...
>>Is there a particular reason not to sit in the kitchen?

Several...

Safety and productivity.

If you have to always be up and down, you are not as efficient.  If you
have to always beware of a chair that might be in the way, you are not as
efficient.

Safety, well, you just can't move out of the way if someone carries
something heavy, hot or both, etc.

Besides which, it just plain doesnt' look professional :-)

IMHO, it also instigates the feeling of "I'm relaxed", and removes the
sense of urgency I tend to like to work under.

Of course, feast isn't a profesional setting, still...  OTOH, if you do it
for health/pain reasons, you do what you must.  For instance, I've been
seating for (most) everything I do last few years <g>

I'm running an hour late for something, I *must go, see you in a couple days.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka