[Sca-cooks] Siting in the kitchen....

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:58:29 PST 2002

Stefen asked...
>Is there a particular reason not to sit in the kitchen?

With me, it depends on the size of the kitchen and working/walking area
available.

Being blessed(?) with bad feet; a bad back and a delightful illness that
causes the occassional unexpected vertigo attack I tend to find myself a
back corner; lug in a stool or chair and stay there for the duration (I
spend about 80% of the time standing but need to know that I can sit if I
have to and still keep on working...). If there isn't room in the kitchen I
generally find a bench/table etc near to the entrance and keep
chopping/peeling/smooshing there...

So far no-one that I have cooked for or with have had an issue with it -
they accept that I have a health situation and are happy for me to quietly
work around it

I should point out that I *never* sit near an oven or while using any hot
plates/liquids or washing up (I'm a natural klutz and know it :-)

Mari