[Sca-cooks] Katherine's article...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jan 8 19:26:59 PST 2002

>The article's at http://infotrope.net/sca/cooking/veg/ and I'd
>appreciate both general comments and contributions to the table of
>suitable recipes at the bottom of the article.

I should point out that I am not following any flavour of vegetarian diet
at this point, though for nearly a year was doing so.  I'm by no stretch of
the imagination an expert.

I particulary like the first point, that if you plan your feast properly,
you should be able to provide enough dishes acceptable to most flavours of
vegetarians to not be in trouble.  There are always more "hard core"
people, but those who are really serious about it tend to know to notify
people ahead.

Great point in substituting vegetable stock instead of meat
stocks...  Extending this, being flexible with the recipe is good (and yes,
I know, this goes often directly against following a
documented/documentable recipe, so it's got to be done within reason)

Very good point on posting an ingredient list.  Perhaps add that one should
*stick* to said list and not improvise by adding an ingredient at the last
minute, etc...

Finally, I must thank you for this most well done article, *and* the
resource of recipes etc.  I have not only bookmarked the site, but saved
the file to my hard drive :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom