[Sca-cooks] Handling special diet needs at feasts

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Jan 8 19:29:41 PST 2002

>It also means that the kitchen staff have to be more careful with food
>handling - ensuring that there is no cross contamination of the food with
>anything wheat based (I've been training my crew in this - along with
>drumming into their heads that each pot of soup/stew has it's own wooden
>spoon and not to grab just anyone!)

This *should* be a given.  No cross contamination.  Period.  Anyone caught
using a spoon for one dish into another *will* be drawn and quartered, then
used as main meat for next Feast.

Seriously folks...  Master A has a pet peeve about bland food (which I
share).  I have a pet peeve about cross contamination! :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka