[Sca-cooks] cross contamination, was special diets

Steve s.mont at verizon.net
Tue Jan 8 19:40:56 PST 2002

--
Cross contamination is bad for many reasons.

1.  Bacterial transfer--potential food borne illnesses
2.  Ingredient transfer--people with food allergies getting  something
unexpected that they react to.  (Shellfish allergies come strongly to my mind).
3.  Meat transfer--some people do not eat meat for religious reasons and
even that much cross contamination goes against their belief.

Remember the people drawn and quartered in the post below should be packed
in salt to preserve them for the next feast so they don't go bad.

Æduin, who also believes in no bland food (subtle yes, bland no)