[Sca-cooks] Handling special diet needs at feasts

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Tue Jan 8 22:07:22 PST 2002

Johnnae wrote:
> I read over the article and noticed that you didn't cite
> any works on the history of vegetarianism. You might
> want to add something like Colin Spencer's The Heretic's
> Feast. A History of Vegetarianism. Hanover, NH and London:
> University Press of New England, 1995. [pbk: 1996].
> There are others, but this is fairly recent and readable.

Thanks for the reference, and I'll see if I can read the book and
perhaps list it in my article.  As I said in the intro, I'm not really
an expert on the subject, so I haven't read any books on it.  What I
know, I've figured out by cooking for vegetarian friends :)

K.

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/