[Sca-cooks] Following a recipe...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 8 22:50:15 PST 2002

Huette said:
> > Actually, some of them tell you how many Ave Marias
> > or Pater Nosters, which is pretty close :)
> >
> > K.
>
> Yes, but it doesn't comment on how fast or slowly you
> have to say them.  And, of course, if you aren't
> Catholic, like me, you wouldn't know how long that
> would take anyway.  :-)

But presumeably the folks for whom these recipes were written
would be familar with these. We have briefly talked about these
sorts of timings before, but I can't remember if someone gave
us non-Catholics some numbers to use instead.

So, in your opinion, what would be a reasonable range in time
for each of these? In other words, when spoken at a normal
speed and if one was reciting a well-known, memorized set of
verses? Although I suspect that if this was used as a timing
piece that it would have been said about the same each time and
not rushed.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net