[Sca-cooks] Feast service, was Working for Adamantius....

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 9 09:07:39 PST 2002

> Personally, I dislike this "every table must provide a server"
> bit. I think it is better for the hosting group to provide the
> servers. It is perhaps selfish, but I enjoy having the opportunity
> to talk with my tablemates during feast. When one of them, and
> sometimes as much as half the table, keep getting up to serve
> the food this is disruptive.

We're struggling with this very issue for an event I'm running at the end
of the month. You have to feed the servers, if you recruit separate
servers. Do you charge them full price for a meal they won't get to sit
down and eat? Do you comp their meal and prepare extra portions? Do you
comp their meal and let them eat the 'broken meats'? Do you provide
separate, free food for them and also let them eat the broken meats?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa