[Sca-cooks] Handling special diet needs at feasts

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 9 09:16:13 PST 2002

> You know, at this point I'd be tempted to suggest this person either
> eat out, or bring his/her own dinner. . . Yes, I know it'd cut down on
> fun times over the dinner table, but if you're visiting, should you really
> make the cook go to such extraordinary lengths?

Her Royal Highness of the East, who has a variety of allergies and is
uncomfortable with trying something new at the event (well, going into
anaphylactic shock does tend to ruin everyone's fun, so I see her point),
mentioned that she tends to bring her own food and eat that at table. I
don't see a problem with this, other than the whole onboard/outboard price
issue which drives people mad. ;)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa