[Sca-cooks] Recipes was Following a recipe... rambling...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 12:17:57 PST 2002

>>>Does this mean you have translated _Anonimo Veniziano_?
>>>--
>>>David/Cariadoc
>>
>>In my dreams!  No.  I suppose I should have said 14th century Italian.
>>Olwen
>
>The earliest translated sources for Italian cooking (not counting
>Apicius) I know about are 15th century--Platina is the end of the
>century, Martino a little earlier. I think Anonimo Toscano and
>Anonimo Veneziano are earlier, but I'm not sure. Is she working from
>a secondary source that has earlier recipes?
>--

Here is the tentative menu for Baronial Birthday.  She has asked folks to
bring in the references.  I think most of them came from Apicius although I
am not sure.  We did opt for a few things from Ein Buch von Guter Spise and
we are toying with the idea of an old Jewish recipe.  Here it is only listed
who brought what dish.  I can let you know after our meeting this weekend
unless you are familiar with these recipes.

14th Century Italian
Menu with Comments

Day Board - Will need a server.
Bread
Cheese
- Apple & Onion Soup (Ro, vegetable based)
- Cabbage & Sausage Casserole
Water,

Feast
12 Tables plus High Table (108)

1st Remove
Bread
- Cheese Pie (Lady Cordelia)
- Onion Potage (Lady Juliana)
- Beef Sausage on  Linguini with butter and olive oil (Master Chirhart)
A Condiment of Cucumber (Served a end on remove to clear palate, bring again
in Jan)
   Ein Buch von Guter Spise, 14th Century

2nd Remove
- Lamb Casserole (Lady Cordelia)
- Baked Chicken (Is a reference needed for chicken?)
Spinach Roll (need to get reference if possible)
- Chick Peas with Herbs (Ro?)