[Sca-cooks] Re: 14th Century Italian was Recipes

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net bonneoftraquair at netscape.net
Sun Jan 27 00:10:27 PST 2002

regarding the book at Duke:  Off the top of my head, I can think of 4 (admin, not faculty) employees and two graduate students, and 3 more spouses of people in those categories who are in SCA.  For that matter, Duke, Carolina and NCState share loaning priviledges to each others students, in theory, half the barony could get this book for you--that is, if it is not in special collections.  Being one of only two copies extant and the only copy in the US, chances are good that NOBODY save a Duke Prof. could actually remove this book from the library, and maybe not even them. Get in touch with the library, if it has to be looked at in person, I can match you up with someone having the priviledge--and maybe even cooking or language skills that would be helpful.