[Sca-cooks] Following a recipe...

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Jan 9 12:29:31 PST 2002

Brian Songy said:
> THL Stefan li Rous, Archivist Non Pareil, asked:

"Non Pareil"??? What has this got to do with whether I'm
Kosher or not? :-)

>         But presumeably the folks for whom these recipes were written
>         would be familar with these. We have briefly talked about these
>         sorts of timings before, but I can't remember if someone gave
>         us non-Catholics some numbers to use instead.

> Well Stefan, this is what I managed to put together:
>
> Timing of Common Catholic Prayers
>
> Title
> In Latin                                In English
>
> Gloria
> time: 13 seconds +/- 2 seconds

Thank you for doing this. I will be putting this in the Florilegium
and perhaps this will help others trying to redact those recipes
that use these for timing.

The digestifier did scramble some of these columns, presumably
because of long line lenghts, but I think I got them put back
together correctly.

Stefan li Rous