[Sca-cooks] RE:Mint Milk Jellies

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 9 16:46:46 PST 2002

One (late) period source:

"A white leach", in Dawson, "The good huswifes Jewell, pt. 2".

"Take a quart of newe milke, and three ounces weight of Isinglasse, half a
pounde of beaten suger, and stirre them together, and let it boile half a
quarter of an hower till it be thicke, stirring them al the while: then
straine it with three sponfull of Rosewater, then put it into a platter and
let it coole, and cut it in squares. Lay it faire in dishes, and lay golde
upon it."

Regards,
Thomas L.