[Sca-cooks] RE:Mint Milk Jellies

Lynn REMEIKA rohanna at lovemail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:47:36 PST 2002

This is the recipe given to me by Lady Cordelia fitzRobert of York, who's generally the creator of the jellies.  No original source, but I will check with her and LYK.

Recipe for Jellied Milk

1 pint of milk
5 teaspoons of unflavoured gelatin
One Half Cup of sugar
Flavorings agent (mint, vanilla, almond, etc.)
Colouring agent (if required)

Prepare an eight by eight pan by rinsing with cold water.  After drying, add the flavouring agent (1 and one half tsp. for an extract, 2 TABLESPOONS for rose or orange flower water) and any colouring agent (a few drops).

Sprinkle the gelatin onto 4 Tablespoons of the milk and allow to soften for 5 minutes.  Then stand the container of milk and gelatin in a bowl of Very Hot (but not boiling) Water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.

Heat the remainder of the milk and the sugar in a pot until it simmers.  Add the dissolved gelatin/milk mixture and stir continuously for 5 minutes, never going past a simmer.

Pour the gelatin mixture into the prepared pan or mold and refrigerate for several hours until set.

*YOU MAY WANT TO DOUBLE THIS RECIPE*

In Service, (and Cordelia's jellied milk is THE BOMB, BTW!)

Ro de Laci
Bright Hills Cook's Guild