[Sca-cooks] Following a recipe...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 17:10:12 PST 2002

--- XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:
> Standard Time,
> ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:
>
> << > > THL Stefan li Rous, Archivist Non Pareil,
> asked:
>  >
>  > "Non Pareil"??? What has this got to do with
> whether
>  > I'm
>  > Kosher or not? :-)
>
>  But I thought that a nonpareil was a chocolate disk
>  with white sugar pellets on it!
>
>  Huette
>   >>

> Nope. Those are called chocolate chips for Misha's 3
> ft radius special cookie
> :D. We Russians like our sweets. But i've heard
> non-pareils and are described
> like that. Suppose to be tasty. Are they made with
> dark or milk chocolate?

Both.  I prefer the dark, but usually only find the
milk chocolate.

> Whats their use besides being used as chocolate
> chips for Misha's special
> cookie :)?

Eating, enjoying them straight out of the bag.  I have
also used them for decorating my quintuple chocolate
devil's food birthday cake.

> Misha
> Cookie connosieur. Had a Ph. D. in Cookieology. My
> dissertation was eating 50
> cookies :D

Last I heard, a Ph.D in Cookieology required the
candidate to be able to identify 50 different kinds of
cookies in a blind taste test and then write a
dissertation comparing the healthful benefits of
animal cookies and fig newtons.  Now, Misha, can you
tell the difference between an oreo and a hydrox
cookie, in a blind taste test??  Do you know the
difference between a Mrs. Field's chocolate chip
cookie and a Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie?? When
you know these things, then you will be ready for the
oral challenge to your thesis.   But be patient,
grasshopper, you have much yet to learn about the
world of cookies! :-)

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.