Fwd: Re: [Sca-cooks] Butchering

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Jan 10 15:02:25 PST 2002

>Kind of hard to follow if there are a bunch of different animals
>being butchered at once. Doing that one sheep took a fair amount
>of time.

Lambs are fairly complicated animals, as opposed to birds...

>Well, at least with my digital camera I could take a series of
>pictures and be able to review later what I miss or forget.

One of my plans is to perhaps be able to take pictures *ahead* of time of
each animal/step and include them in the hand out...  Of course, actual
class pictures are welcome, as long as you're open to sending copies :-)

>Moi? Tons of questions? :-)

Oui, toi, un tas de questions :-)

>Yes, but I don't see pigs or turkeys in your list of animals, above.

Because once you know chicken, you know turkey.  And pigs are a different
beast entirely.  I'd want to devote a couple hours for a pig.  More, actually.

Though it *could* be a series...  one class on birdies and rabbit, one on
fish, one on lamb, one on pig...  Ohhh, I think I'll stop right here and
limit myself...  First Pennsic, first time teaching a class at
Pennsic...  Yep, let's keep it realistic! :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Kingdom of the Middle
aka