[Sca-cooks] Cooks Con - get your reservations now!

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:20:50 PST 2002

I am going to be talking today about early English
printed cookbooks.  I am going to concentrate on
works published in 1500, 1508, and 1545.

In order to make the talk more interesting,
I am not going to go over all the various titles,
spellings, STC numbers, etc
. all that stuff that
excites bibliographers and librarians
.
And bores the rest of you to death. All the
bibliographic entries with all the information
that you need to access and find editions of
these works is all contained in the 20 page paper that
is part of conference proceedings.....
What I am going to do talk about is
the good, the wacky, the interesting stuff".
This at times seems to consist of a lot of weird errors
and just plain screw-ups which hopefully by
the end of the hour you will come to appreciate
and by equally amused by all the noted authorities
who well... they messed it all up...

The lecture is not in the proceedings...
with opportunities to see facsimiles and copies
and well lots of stuff ... I always bring stuff..

Hope to see you all there

Johnna Holloway

(There are a lot of last minute skier special
airfare packages at the moment into Colorado....)