[Sca-cooks] what are your thoughts on period-style food?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 17:47:55 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/10/2002 5:44:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rosine at sybercom.net writes:

> . I think a certain amount of leeway is necessary - not documentable,
> but certainly no different than "Oh, yes, certainly Lady X's cook uses
> parsnips in his boogle-brindy, but that doesn't mean that *I* will! Him and
> his common palate... humpf!"

Well, there is that one recipe that specifies "and lete non oatemeal come
therein", which since oatmeal is not a part of the dish, has been interpreted
as someone's way of saying that he'd had it with oatmeal and didn't like
it...or possibly that a rival cook made it that way.  Can't remember what the
recipe is right now.

Brangwayna Morgan