[Sca-cooks] weddings...non-period

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 11 00:15:53 PST 2002

Magdalena wrote>

> Ooh, my brain hurts just thinking about what all you have to do...  Is
> the dinner going to be more of an hor d'ouvre thing, or a sit-down meal
> kinda thing?  Lunch or dinner?  How extravagent?
Buffet - to cover evening meal..
Mum is diabetic, and HAS to eat on time so it will be a finger food type
thing.
The cake is to have teddies on it as they both love bears!!!
and not too extravagant as there isn't the money. I have just catered for so
many things recently that I am running out of new ideas.
All the family favorites are there, with lots of creamy puddings. There goes
the lipid levels again.
Mind you the wopnderful thing about re-enactm,ent is at least I hget plenty
of practice at making clothes that look good and last.
Anyone in the UK got a thrall you could lend me for a couple of weeks-:)
Do you have low status type people?
we have to work our way up from the bottom
Someone mentioned glaed ham and swet potato buscuits. Recipie please????
regards
vara