[Sca-cooks] rescruitment

Diana Haven tantralya69 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 09:15:13 PST 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> My recommendation is that newcomers put their
> initial money
> towards a subscription of their local newsletter.
> This gives
> them the information about when the local group is
> meeting, as
> well as info on when various guild meetings and
> other things
> are happening.

Actually Stefan,  I've a list of about 20 or 25 sites
that I regularly frequent - and many of the recipes
that have been redacted/discussed.  The Florilegium is
one of them - of course!! As well as some of the
webbed translations of period cookbooks.  I add sites
as I find them to be helpful or simply WOW such as
Olwens site.

Two sites are from Pennsic's past - and that is one of
the reasons I suggest that people join.  If you are
going to Pennsic, it is worth it to get the discount.
It's funny, but many people want to go just to
experience it once - and get hooked.

Olwen,  I did let her know that there were many people
involved in making the arms.  I have your email with
some of their names listed - and BTW, she was suitably
impressed with the 'cooperation' that was evident.
I've met some of the other people she knows and it
seems that an overinflated ego is standard among them.

My housemate gets the local newsletter (note to self:
see if it is available online in PDF format - like in
old barony) and that is what I used along with his
copy of the Caid newsletter.  When I get settled - and
a job dang it - I'll be re-joining myself.

Now to get back to the kitchen and finish making
chickn-n-dumplins.

=====
Diana d'Avignon
newly of the Barony of Starkhafn