[Sca-cooks] What would you advise?

Fri Jan 11 12:10:30 PST 2002

Her behavior is discourteous and she needs to be informed of this.  Beyond
telling she and her husband which dishes contain onions and making sure
there was no cross contamination, I would feel no particular urge to protect
her from herself.  I would make sure that there are enough foods they can
eat, that is simple courtesy on my part.

I have a similar couple in the local area.  He is allergic to nuts to the
point of anaphylaxsis.  I inform them which dishes he needs to avoid.  If
she choose to eat them, she is responsible for his health.  They have no
problem with this.  In fact, they are delightful people and I sometimes go
out of my way to prepare them special dishes, but that is my choice, not
theirs.

What your new member needs to learn is that a little courtesy and self
discipline go a long way toward having people accomodate your allergies.

Bear