[Sca-cooks] Irish beef, cattle

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Jan 12 08:08:59 PST 2002

When I get back from Cooks Con in
Colorado, I will make a concerted effort
to drag out my Irish cookbooks and files
from the various boxes where they are in
storage. Since I started off this conversation
with a remark about Irish Beef a couple of
months ago, I'll see if I can't come up
with enough material to make it really
interesting and informative....
At one time I owned about 98 per cent of
everything ever published on foods in
Ireland, the 1840's Famine, Irish cookery
and Irish cookbooks. The collection is still
very good, even if I haven't paid quite so
much attention to it of late... Although
there have been some excellent studies on
the 1840's of late... I am sure that I can
produce a suitable reading list to keep
those interested busy for the foreseeable
future... March is coming up...

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis