[Sca-cooks] Sugar Plate/Paste; Stained Glass Sugar

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Sat Jan 12 15:38:33 PST 2002

>This doesn't do that. This is closer to picking up that piece of
>food dropped on the floor, that would normally go to the dog, and
>handing that to your guest. "Oh, it got smashed. I can't possibly
>eat that now. You can have it, afterall".

What he said.

>I think it gives a better impression for the Baron or the King or
>whomever it was presented to, to break it up and then pass out
>the pieces. Or hand it to a server (who could have been a noble
>personage themselves in period) and have them break it up and pass
>it out. Perhaps keeping a crown or baronial charge or some such for
>themselves or the other folks at the headtable.

If I might make a suggestion that is more in keeping with period practice,
make one large item & present it to the head table. Then lift it up to
reveal several smaller items hidden inside. Serve these (and the rest from
the kitchen because they won't all fit) to the other tables.

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow