[Sca-cooks] What would you advise?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 06:27:58 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/12/2002 2:35:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rosine at sybercom.net writes:

> . And after the Head Cook repeatedly requested that anyone
> with allergies contact her before the event - to show up on the day and
> pitch a scene so perfect for garnering pity made me wonder about her
> motives. (The Autocrat donated funds to purchase extra food for the girl,
> the husband made a trip to the store for the items - and the Khan of the
> Great Dark Horde worked magic in the kitchen to prepare a quick one-person
> meal with the extra spices and food bits in order to free up the kitchen
> staff, who were madly in the "last 15-minutes" stage of food prep. It all
> worked out...)

And now she'll expect such special treatment at every event.  She was the
star of the show, all attention was focussed on her, and she got the end
result she wanted, totally personalized service.  I wouldn't even have
considered it as autocrat, even with her husband doing the off-site running.
It's not the autocrat's job to donate their personal funds to feed someone
who can't be bothered to help themselves.
She's got you guys really snowed...stop it now, or she'll be the first, last,
and only thing you consider in everything you do.  It sounds like she's
already having that effect, if everyone thinks (as you said in another post)
they have to immediately change any recipes or food requests they bring as
nibbles to anything.  It's her responsibility to make sure she has something
to eat, not yours, and she should be grateful if someone takes the time to
think about it, and be prepared with something of her own if they don't.

There's a lady who comes to many of our events who has a wheat allergy.  She
always calls ahead for the ingredients of the feast, and still brings her own
food along anyway just in case, even if she thinks she'll be able to get
enough.

Brangwayna Morgan