[Sca-cooks] Bardic Feast, was Sugar Plate/Paste; Stained Glass Sugar

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Sun Jan 13 08:48:28 PST 2002

What about the stuffed dates from the Medieval Arab Cookery Book?  I've
served them several times now, to rave reviews....and they're fairly easy to
make.

Kiri

Dessert - he requested baqlawa which, again, is not period, although
there are some recipes that aren't too far different, and two other
desserts - i'm thinking Torta Bianca. I'm also trying to find some
interesting ways to serve fruit - since California is a major
producer of fruit, we get quite a variety of good stuff... But i
don't find many references to raw or only slightly cooked fruit. I'll
look over "Medieval Arab Cookery" again. Anyone have any other ideas
on this? I'm toying with the NOT "period" Moroccan dish of sliced
oranges with cinnamon and rose water.

Anahita
wondering how armor made of sugar plate would feel...