[Sca-cooks] EK Arms and Marzipan Drumsticks

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:09:22 PST 2002

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
>
>>Master A, I hope your illness is not as horrid as it sounds.  Potentially
>>Lethal sounds pretty scary to me!

Well, I have sleep apnia too.  I don't do the machine.  Have friends that
do.  My ex used to sit up half the night afraid I would finally really
forget to take that next breath.  I forget to breath a lot, even when awake.
  Oh well...!

>_Think_ how embarrassed I would be to tell the Authorities Up Wherever
>that I died from sleep apnea. No, this is being taken care of tomorrow,
>but when it was diagnosed a while back, they tried to impress upon me
>how potentially dangerous it was, presumably so I wouldn't go buy a
>bottle of Snore-b-Gone or something like that. Then, of course, after
>telling me how dangerous it all is, they took almost a month to set up
>the machine thingy that is supposed to get a handle on this condition.
>

>>It is good to hear that the Arms were presented from our Cook's Guild.
>>Thank you all for doing that.
>>
>>Now....about these cattails...(birds legs my butt!)

VERY funny....I am sure the folks on this list are rolling about on the
floor, knowing full well that I am a far cry from scrawny.

>Oh, my God! They were a representation of your butt??? I had no idea! I
>thought they were bird legs! I hadn't thought of you as being so skinny,
>Olwen! Svelte and strong, lean and mean, maybe, but I never thought of
>you like _that_! I'm so sorry! Folks, I'm sure Olwen is the picture of
>loveliness, despite a rather underdeveloped bottom... many men are
>wildly attracted by slim women. My own lady wife is rather slender and
>small-boned, and when she stretches, on awakening in the morning, can
>look rather feline, but I've never thought of her posterior as a cat
>tail...
>
>...did they make you
>>laugh?...
>

>Yes, they made me laugh. Of course, people on this list know the kinds
>of things that make me laugh! ;-)
>
>.did anyone get a picture??  Before they were destroyed??

Well, I hope that some pictures come to us from your event and kitchen.  It
would be great to see the guilding of the pies.  And if you post a picture
of the treat I sent you then folks could make up their own minds if they are
cattails, birds legs, or corn dogs.

>I'm not sure about pictures. I know some pictures were taken, but am not
>entirely sure by whom or of what. Unfortunately, I found that we had
>forgotten to bring the video camera that we borrowed for the event. I
>had wanted to make some digital Quicktime videos (streaming cuskynoles?)
>for web use, but it simply never happened for various reasons. I'm
>pretty sure Stefan's Lady, Aliena (sp?), got a nice shot of gold sugar
>melting across the surface of a tourte parmerienne, but I'm not sure
>what, if anything else, was photographed. We probably should have set up
>a dedicated, all-day photojournalist, but on the notice we had/gave,
>that would have been impossible.
>
>>Well....???
>
>Hey, any room under that rock thing?
>

>Adamantius, sick so you can't hit me...