[Sca-cooks] Bukkenade, from Forme of Cury-a Smile

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 11:58:21 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/13/2002 2:42:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wandap at hevanet.com writes:

> Seriously, could "hit" mean to pound as in tenderize?  The rabbit (wild) my
> brothers used to bring home needed tenderizing a bit before cooking.

That was one of my theories.  Another is that it is (something) it well -
like "seethe it well", and then use the resulting broth to make your almond
milk...Or "roast it well" and then the almond milk and spices become a sauce
for it - but the other bukkenades I've encountered are all soup/stew type
items.

As far as being so specific as to stifle creativity, it doesn't say what sort
of broth to use either :-)  I could see this one recipe turning into about 8
or 9 distinct dishes...

Brangwayna