[Sca-cooks] Bukkenade, from Forme of Cury-a Smile

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun Jan 13 14:39:42 PST 2002

As far as being so specific as to stifle creativity, it doesn't say what
sort
of broth to use either :-)  I could see this one recipe turning into about 8
or 9 distinct dishes...

Brangwayna

My tongue in cheek point entirely.  Creativity and resourcefulness in
cooking seems to have been kept in mind when a number of medieval recipes
were written down.  Don't like/have rabbit on hand try veal; calf too
valuable to kill? grab that chicken!

Part of the deal that went with my mother cooking any kind of game (rabbits,
pheasants, deer, etc.) or fish was that the mighty hunter/fisherman had to
do the butchering as well as the slaughter.  "You killed it.  You clean it!"

Regina Romsey