[Sca-cooks] Irish beef, cattle

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jan 13 12:42:33 PST 2002

A F Murphy wrote:

> Um, as I recall, he was a stud bull, so he'd better be a live bull...
> pretty useless otherwise!
>
> I haven't read the Tain in ages... you really ought to look it up!
> Greeks may have gone about stealing women,  the Irish had women
> teaching the men how to fight... a bit different! And I need to reread
> it. Great stories, they are.

Like I said, Ang Lee needs to do a movie. He's the one. Or at least his
fight scene director, the guy who directed "Iron Monkey" and worked on
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".

You arrived in Ostgardr just a couple of years too late for the cattle
raid Celtic Silliness. We had the Viceroy and Vicereine stage an
argument about who was richer: Ian with his fortune or Katherine with
her dowry. Finally, it came down _almost_ to a draw, but Katherine was
short by one bull in her herds. Luckily, we all knew Graf Viktor was
nearby, dressed in a cow suit over his armor, just there for the taking.
That is, if anybody could beat him... he would accept all challenges,
sometimes go up and beat on a couple of other guys fighting, and go back
to eating grass...

Surrealism at its finest.

Adamantius
--