[Sca-cooks] Irish beef, cattle

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:50:56 PST 2002

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:

> You arrived in Ostgardr just a couple of years too
> late for the cattle
> raid Celtic Silliness. We had the Viceroy and
> Vicereine stage an
> argument about who was richer: Ian with his fortune
> or Katherine with
> her dowry. Finally, it came down _almost_ to a draw,
> but Katherine was
> short by one bull in her herds. Luckily, we all knew
> Graf Viktor was
> nearby, dressed in a cow suit over his armor, just
> there for the taking.
> That is, if anybody could beat him... he would
> accept all challenges,
> sometimes go up and beat on a couple of other guys
> fighting, and go back
> to eating grass...

I don't suppose that anyone tried the obvious lure for
a "bull", which is to put a pretty, naked cow in
another pasture.  Usually, the bull takes the
initiative to leave his own pasture to spend some time
with said cow.  I am sure that many a bull was stolen
in this way.  That is how I would have handled that
situation.  Forget the fighting.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.