[Sca-cooks] Irish beef, cattle

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 14 18:07:21 PST 2002

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

 > --- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
 >

 >> You arrived in Ostgardr just a couple of years too late for the
 >> cattle raid Celtic Silliness. We had the Viceroy and Vicereine
 >> stage an argument about who was richer: Ian with his fortune or
 >> Katherine with her dowry. Finally, it came down _almost_ to a
 >> draw, but Katherine was short by one bull in her herds. Luckily,
 >> we all knew Graf Viktor was nearby, dressed in a cow suit over
 >> his armor, just there for the taking. That is, if anybody could
 >> beat him... he would accept all challenges, sometimes go up and
 >> beat on a couple of other guys fighting, and go back to eating
 >> grass...
 >>

 > I don't suppose that anyone tried the obvious lure for a "bull",
 > which is to put a pretty, naked cow in another pasture.  Usually,
 > the bull takes the initiative to leave his own pasture to spend
 > some time with said cow.  I am sure that many a bull was stolen in
 > this way.  That is how I would have handled that situation.  Forget
 >  the fighting.
 >
 > Huette

Many cattle raiders swear by a Hereford in black silk thigh-highs. But
about this naked cow concept, are we talking about some bovine variant
on the Mexican Hairless, or just a cow in its skivvies or less?

Then, with Graf Viktor, there was only one very specific naked cow (a
term I would use both veeeeery loosely and at my extreme peril) that
would really attract his attention. I don't remember if she was
available at the time...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy