[Sca-cooks] Bardic Feast, was Sugar Plate/Paste; Stained Glass Sugar

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 13 14:33:14 PST 2002

Anahita said:
> I'm also trying to find some
> interesting ways to serve fruit - since California is a major
> producer of fruit, we get quite a variety of good stuff... But i
> don't find many references to raw or only slightly cooked fruit.

We did discuss whether raw vegetables and fruit were eaten in period,
recently. If you didn't save those messages, perhaps some of the
referances in this new file might be of use. They may not cover the
cultures or the time you are interested in, but perhaps they'll help.

raw-fruit-vg-msg  (12K) 12/ 3/01    Evidence that raw fruits and vegetables were
                                       eaten in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/raw-fruit-vg-msg.html

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net