[Sca-cooks] Re: calling female cats

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jan 14 06:09:19 PST 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Isn't it usually fruitless to call cats anything except "Dinner's here"?
>
> OTOH, I believe that high-class female cats kept for breeding are often
> referred to as 'queens'.
>
> Devra (running for lunch, if not the rock)

Actually, 'queen' is the term for any female cat of kittenbearing years
who is capable of the process. An intact boy cat of kittensiring years is
a tom. I don't think there's a specific term for a neutered or spayed cat,
except maybe 'cat'.

OB Food content: I bought some "natural" cat food this weekend including a
small can of what the label informs me is "Seafood Platter". The
ingredients are "Four different kinds of seafood, vegetable jelly (various
gums including guar gum, I think), vitamin #1, vitamin#2." I had a
cheeseburger and a salad for dinner. My cats had fish in aspic.

My cats are spoiled.

Margaret