[Sca-cooks] Re: calling female cats

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Mon Jan 14 06:42:15 PST 2002

> OB Food content: I bought some "natural" cat food this weekend including a
> small can of what the label informs me is "Seafood Platter". The
> ingredients are "Four different kinds of seafood, vegetable jelly (various
> gums including guar gum, I think), vitamin #1, vitamin#2." I had a
> cheeseburger and a salad for dinner. My cats had fish in aspic.
>
> My cats are spoiled.

My cats didn't like the canned all-natural food, nor the home-made stuff
I tried them on, but they do like the all-natural dry food.  I was
amused, however, to see that Nutro Naturals cat food in fact labeled
it's cans "rabbit in aspic," "venison in aspic," etc.

My dog, on the other hand, gets homemade lamb and turkey, whole-wheat
pasta or brown rice and barley, veggies, olive oil and a vitamin
supplement, mostly organic.  My husband and I get canned soup most
nights.  Worse, I can't seem to wean my husband off his Chef Boy-ar-dee.
  Bleck.  At least I don't sink any lower than Progresso ;)

-Magdalena