Cat food in aspic (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: calling female cats

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jan 14 10:39:55 PST 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:

> > OB Food content: I bought some "natural" cat food this weekend including a
> > small can of what the label informs me is "Seafood Platter". The
> > ingredients are "Four different kinds of seafood, vegetable jelly (various
> > gums including guar gum, I think), vitamin #1, vitamin#2." I had a
> > cheeseburger and a salad for dinner. My cats had fish in aspic.
> >
> > My cats are spoiled.
>

> My cats didn't like the canned all-natural food, nor the home-made stuff
> I tried them on, but they do like the all-natural dry food.  I was
> amused, however, to see that Nutro Naturals cat food in fact labeled
> it's cans "rabbit in aspic," "venison in aspic," etc.
>
> My dog, on the other hand, gets homemade lamb and turkey, whole-wheat
> pasta or brown rice and barley, veggies, olive oil and a vitamin
> supplement, mostly organic.  My husband and I get canned soup most
> nights.  Worse, I can't seem to wean my husband off his Chef Boy-ar-dee.
>   Bleck.  At least I don't sink any lower than Progresso ;)
>
> -Magdalena

The stuff I got should more properly be "Seafood Bits in Aspic". When I
opened the can, there was a fish head staring at me. And I identified a
fragment of shrimp, and a piece of tentacle. My husband turned a delicate
shade of green when I described it to him. ;-)

It does make me wonder, though. The one cat likes cinnamon, and
fish. Maybe she'd like fish in galantine.

She's already tested and approved Darioles, buchaut of bunny, the crust
from the tardpolanes, and the meat pie thingys from Guter Spise. And the
krumkake. So it wouldn't surprise me if she liked fish in galantine. ;-)

Margaret