[Sca-cooks] I obviously need medication

Christina L Biles bilescl at okstate.edu
Tue Jan 15 07:02:30 PST 2002

Stefan said:
>Wow! That's more than we've had for many of our events. However,
>those have not been in the winter and we served simpler meals.

Actually, y'all have done a couple of full feasts out of Weber where the
kitchen was a covered pavilion with picnic tables, a grill, and a
free-standing water tap.  The second time, we arrived on site to discover
that the water on site wasn't potable.  Teresa was the head cook for both
of those feasts, and she managed to feed 200 or so quite handily.

Helewyse de Birkestad said:

> Second course
> More bread
> Roast chicken with sauce (up for suggestion on which one)  (chicken
cooked as late as possible on sunday and kept hot in roaster, sauce
pre-made and reheated on site)
> Herb or cheese pie (possible torte bolognase, served cold)

I'd add something to go on the bread (I have trouble eating it dry).  I
don't really like serving whole chicken, because as feaster I don't like
eating it, especially at out door events.  It's messy, there are too many
bones left at the end, and (being paranoid and NOT an opinion on YOUR
cooking) at camping feasts the lighting isn't always good enough for me to
be sure that the chicken is cooked properly.  Also, if you roast some
other meat, it is less likely to dry out in the roaster should something
happen to delay you.  Other than that nitpicking, it sounds like a really
good plan.

-Magdalena da Cadamosto