[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Brussels sprouts, was period mashed turnips

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 07:40:26 PST 2002

Most of what's wrong with brussels sprouts (or broccoli, or cabbage,
or...) is that they are frequently served badly overcooked. At which
point they are indeed a plague. But if the color is still closer to
emerald than olive, it's a different vegetable...

I have a friend who basically won't eat vegetables. Thinks they are
horrible. Does her best to kill them. If I thought they had to taste the
way they do when she cooks them, I wouldn't eat them either!

Anne