[Sca-cooks] lampreys

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 15 08:51:31 PST 2002

Alan Davidson's section on lamprey's
in the Oxford Companion says that they
are still served as Lampreia a la cazuela
which are lampreys cooked in their own blood
and served on a bed of rice... a speciality
of Galicia... Lise Chapuis's book La Lamproie
contains apparently everything anyone would
want to know about the little creatures...in
French and published in 1994 Les Temps qu'il Fait.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:snipped