Foodie Peerage Ceremonies was Re: [Sca-cooks] nibbling and buffet tables and such

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 11:48:32 PST 2002

Man, I wish I had thought of that!  Why am I completely unsurprised that
Eilis was involved in it?

As it was, on a day of days, Caid Crown Tournament Day the autumn before
last,  the king and queen were on a royal progress, stop at our
household pavilion.  King Guillaume starts this inane tangent about the
meager potluck lunches at peerage meetings, and could I possibly cater
the next Pelican meeting?  I replied that I didn't think I was invited
to those particular meetings... then the penny dropped.  D'OH!  Their
Majesties offered therefore to elevate my station, etc. etc.  So I did a
"walking vigil" for the rest of the day and was elevated at closing
court.  Oh, I suppose I could have had as big a dog and pony show as any
rich knight, choral accompaniment, testimonials, handmaidens, ad
nauseum  but my modesty [as well as difficulty with delayed
gratification] forbade waiting any longer to make plans.  I did attend
my kitchen meetings that day, but I don't recall getting much actual
work done.  And you must know that I brought a boatload of goodies to my
first Pel meeting!

Selene, Caid