[Sca-cooks] nibbling and buffet tables and such

Laurie Hupman roswtr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 11:24:54 PST 2002

Looks to me like you've got the whole story right
here.  (Now) Mistress Katherine was brought before the
crown.  Her spokeswoman (Eilis, I believe) begged a
boon on Katherine's behalf, and said that she would
not be able to consider herself a peer of the realm
unless she had received the buffet.

Hauoc drew back to strike her, and Ginevra stopped
him, saying that since he always got to strike the
knights, she would like to do the pelican.  So
Katherine was turned slightly to face the Queen, who
drew back and then very gently cradled Katherine's
face in her hands and said "Here is your buffet."
Three or four of Katherine's friends then processed
into court carrying large silver trays of cold meats
and other food.  I couldn't quite see what else was on
the tray, and I never made it over to the buffet table
afterward.

Rose