[Sca-cooks] Stuffed carrots-what would happen if

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:49:22 PST 2002

>What would happen if you cut the carrots into chunks, say 1" or longer.
>Then core them and stuff a bit of something in there. Each piece is bite
>sized more or less.
>
>MD/Marged

It seems you would have to cut the carrots into sections since they have a
tendency to split.  I have done lots of carving in veggies and carrots are
darn hard to do without them just suddenly deciding to split.  I have not
seen the references Brighid mentioned that can be found in Granado where she
says he describes hollowing out the inside of the carrot to make a tube.
Would like to though.  I wonder if he says to par-boil them for a bit to
soften them.  That would make sense.
Olwen

Brighid