[Sca-cooks] Re: Foodie Peerage Ceremonies

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Jan 16 10:06:02 PST 2002

>> Catered peerage meetings?....geez, do they last all day or something?
>> The closest I've seen to something like that up here is the occasional
>> bottle of Scotch.....

My memory finally kicked in. . .
There are meetings, and then there are meetings. Calontir had (and may
still have, I dunno, since I'm not a peer) a tradition of peer retreats
once every so often, where a bunch of peers in a particular order would
go somewhere with a hottub and talk philosophy, and potential new
members, and gossip, and other important stuff. (I presume; again,
I'm not a peer. . .)
And there were also regular peerage meetings, to discuss just new
members.
I can see the retreats as being partially catered; and the regular meetings
as being catered with feast leftovers.

Alban