[Sca-cooks] Arghhh feast service

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Jan 16 10:35:12 PST 2002

At 12:01 PM 1/16/2002, you wrote:
>the person arranging feast service for our event in a week and a half has
>now announced that the 11 people he has lined up can only reliably serve
>high table (8 people at high table) and I'd need an additional 13 people
>(one per table) as part of the feast service staff -- offboard and being
>fed beforehand at the event's expense -- simply to provide simple service
>to the other 13 tables.
>
>Am I crazy, or is he?

Well...  Seems somewhat unreasonable to expect to have 11 people serving 8,
and then another 13, serving over 100...  Unless of course the menu for the
head table is so entirely different and much more complicated than the rest
of feast...

>-- Jadwiga, Autocrat in a coffin of pastry...

Talking of which, we're cooking a small dinner for friends and one of the
dishes I'll be making is quails in coffins...  Boned quails stuffed with a
cognac marinated poultry liver, in puff pastry.  Everything raw, when it
cooks, the pastry starts to wrap the quails.  really nice little dish :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka