[Sca-cooks] Stuffed carrots-what would happen if

Rob Downie rdownie at icenter.net
Wed Jan 16 11:08:24 PST 2002

The secret to carving carrots (and other root vegetables) is to make sure they
are at room temperature first.  Following that guideline, I've cut through
carrots with a "twin curl cutter"to make those funky corkscrew shapes with no
splitting.  For other types of "garde manger"work where you actually want to be
able to bend the vegetable, you can soak them in a saltwater solution (2 Tbsp
salt in one pint water) until the desired flexibility is reached.

Faerisa

Olwen the Odd wrote:
It seems you would have to cut the carrots into sections since they have a
tendency to split.  I have done lots of carving in veggies and carrots aredarn
hard to do without them just suddenly deciding to split. <snip>